Monday 27 February 2012

Getting noticed

It seems I'm starting to get noticed.

The moment I posted a link to my 'Modest Proposal' poster on a Dim Post blog thread about social welfare politics, it immediately caused a lively discussion. Most appreciated the homage to Jonathan Swift, but those who didn't quite see the joke reacted exactly as planned.

The whole point of satire is to unhinge the targets of its ridicule, to the point where the self-appointed Anti-PC Brigade gets rather, well, PC itself. And so far, so good. When I was at high school, classmates told me I shouldn't take everything so seriously. To a degree they were right - I've found my inner wit to be a therapeutic influence, and what better way than to invoke the spirit of Swift?

I wonder right now if Danyl, the owner of the Dim Post, thinks I'm apeing his territory. ;) More to come, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment